The main content starts here
The Work of the Center
The Tokyo Metropolitan Human Rights Promotion Center is actively promoting education and understanding, and conducting consultations, with the aim of solving problems concerning human rights including the Dowa Problem.
- Provides year-round radio programs and special radio spot broadcasts during Human Rights Week.
Creates and posts Human Rights Awareness posters, distributes book covers to bookstores, makes and distributes postcards and other promotional goods. All goods are printed with human rights slogans on them.
- Participates in national human rights festivals, and supports lecture meetings, movie-screenings and panel displays during Human Rights Week.
Education and Consultation
- Introduces human rights education lecturers to private organizations holding classes.
- Gives general consultation and judicial consultation, the latter being executed by experts.
- Holds lecture courses for Tokyo citizens and office workers, given by experts.
Information Gathering, Sharing and Publishing
- Lends books, videos and 16mm films on human rights.
- Publishes an animation video and pamphlet on the Dowa Problem.
- Publishes "TOKYO JINKEN" (human rights) magazine four times a year.
Lends out rooms for courses and lecture meetings. (a fee is charged)
Back to top of page